Viega LLC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
Last Revised 07/28/2020
Our New Hampshire Seminar Center in Nashua has reopened to local participants who can attend without an overnight stay.
- Masks are required in all common areas of the seminar center.
- Masks can be removed in the classrooms and café where the seating is spaced more than 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves and masks are provided to all attendees.
- Hands-on training activities with products and tools require gloves and masks.
- All surfaces are disinfected at the end of each training day.
The Colorado Seminar Center in Broomfield remains closed due to Colorado’s mask mandate. Training will continue at the Colorado Seminar Center once it is possible for customers to attend comfortably. Meanwhile, catch our technical trainers on TechTalk Live each month on Instagram @viegallc.
Freight Carrier Issues
Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently experiencing some disruptions in our supply chain, specifically with our network of freight carriers. The inability to find carriers willing to ship our products, for various reasons, may cause some delays and could have a negative impact on our service level at this time.
We are actively seeking alternative solutions in order to negate the impact to our customers as much as possible. This is our highest priority!
Our customer service department will have the most up-to-date information regarding shipments and can be reached at 800-976-9819. We apologize for the inconveniences this temporary situation may cause.
Outside Supplier and Visitor Coronavirus Requirements:
Due to COVID-19, Viega has instituted a temporary policy for all outside suppliers and visitors to our locations for the safety of both our colleagues and visitors. These precautions will remain in effect for the duration of the pandemic.
Masks are required at all times while on the Viega campus.
When entering a Viega site:
- Check in with security or front desk personnel
- Wash your hands before and after performing any work
- Meet with your onsite contact to discuss the area of work and any specific safety measures or restrictions for that area
- Minimize movements in the building to areas needed to complete your work order
All visitors should self-monitor for illness and refrain from coming on site if you have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms per the CDC:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
General Company Info:
In a continued effort to keep our colleagues and customers safe, Viega LLC extends the following measures:
- As states, counties and provinces start to lift stay-at-home orders through different phases, Viega is prepared to allow our sales team to re-enter the field and conduct business activities as of June 1, 2020. Our field sales staff will exercise great caution and adhere to all jurisdictional municipal, state, county and provincial phases of re-entry to business activities. The sales staff will also continue telephone and teleconferencing meetings if it is desired by our customers.
- The Viega corporate office in Broomfield, Colorado, has begun phasing colleagues back into the building starting June 1, 2020. A number of staff will continue working remotely as we stage a safe return for all colleagues.
- All colleagues are encouraged to stay home if sick or if someone at home is exhibiting illness, and use their best judgment when visiting customers or attending external business meetings in the field – use telephone or conference tools instead.
- All business-related air travel is still suspended. In the interim, video conferencing tools will be used.
- All business-related group events have been suspended. This includes all public business events including sporting events, trade shows, buying group meetings, trade association meetings, etc., as well as company-sponsored social events.
- Events that meet current state, county or provincial guidelines for social distancing will be considered.
- Visitors to the McPherson, Kansas, manufacturing facility, are currently being limited to only those necessary for critical business functions.
Viega LLC appreciates your continued patience and understanding. We are once again accepting products for both warranty claims and returns.
We will accept the return of product for evaluation for any warranty and subrogation claims you may have. If you had already received an RGA number, please proceed with referencing it on your shipment and proceed with returning the product to the address you were instructed. If you have a product that needs returned for warranty evaluation and have not yet received an RGA, please reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance. Additional handling precautions will be observed in house during the processing of your claim. Please understand this may slow our process some, but the safety and health of our employees remains our top priority. Thank you again for your patience and understanding during this time.
Returns, as per our normal process, require an RMA. If you have already made that request we will contact you to send the RMA approval that must be attached to the return. Due to having a backlog, our Logistics team is currently only able to process 30 returns per week. We will revisit this regularly as we move forward. If you need to submit a return or are concerned about the status please give customer service a call and we can estimate when you will be able to send the return.
Customer Service: (800) 976-9819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation and Delivery Impacts:
UPS posted a Service Alert yesterday on their website stating “Effective March 24, 2020, and until further notice, the UPS Service Guarantee is suspended for all U.S. origin shipments (U.S. Domestic and International) at any service level.”
- Customers should be aware of this, in case they are thinking of expediting a purchase order.
- Be aware that Viega LLC will not refund any freight charges caused by carrier delays during this time.
Essential Service Provider:
Under the shelter-in-place orders Viega LLC has been provided to date, the construction industry and its various supply lines have been listed as essential service suppliers or the order has referenced the CISA advisory list of essential service providers. The CISA advisory list provides a recommended list of essential service sectors, and Viega LLC falls under the “Critical Manufacturing” sector as a supplier to the Healthcare/Public Health sector, the Energy sector, the Water and Wastewater sector, the Public Works sector and the Chemical Sector.
No in-person supplier visits at Viega LLC facilities. All meetings will be conducted by telephone. Arrange a meeting with your purchasing team contact, or request a meeting through NAPurchasing@viega.us.
For all logistics carriers, we stress that having an appointment for deliveries is mandatory. No drivers are allowed within facilities and we request all drivers remain in their cabs as much as possible. Any questions can be directed to your traffic department contact or email@example.com.
Viega LLC is closely monitoring the evolving situation of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), following our established business continuity policies and procedures. As is done with other potential risks, we are performing a business continuity/risk analysis for coronavirus. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Review with suppliers of any possible impacts – none are anticipated at this time.
- Review of possible impacts to operations/manufacturing locations – none are anticipated at this time.
- Review of transportation impacts
As the situation continues to evolve, many uncertainties remain. Viega LLC will continue to pay close attention to the latest developments and the potential impact to our supply chain and overall operations. Any changes of significance will be communicated. We appreciate your understanding of this developing situation and our goal of putting safety and health first.