Viega LLC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
Last Revised 03/26/2020
Transportation and Delivery Impacts:
UPS posted a Service Alert yesterday on their website stating “Effective March 24, 2020, and until further notice, the UPS Service Guarantee is suspended for all U.S. origin shipments (U.S. Domestic and International) at any service level.”
- Customers should be aware of this, in case they are thinking of expediting a purchase order.
- Be aware that Viega LLC will not refund any freight charges caused by carrier delays during this time.
Essential Service Provider:
Under the shelter-in-place orders Viega LLC has been provided to date, the construction industry and its various supply lines have been listed as essential service suppliers or the order has referenced the CISA advisory list of essential service providers. The CISA advisory list provides a recommended list of essential service sectors, and Viega LLC falls under the “Critical Manufacturing” sector as a supplier to the Healthcare/Public Health sector, the Energy sector, the Water and Wastewater sector, the Public Works sector and the Chemical Sector.
No in-person supplier visits at Viega LLC facilities. All meetings will be conducted by telephone. Arrange a meeting with your purchasing team contact, or request a meeting through NAPurchasing@viega.us.
For all logistics carriers, we stress that having an appointment for deliveries is mandatory. No drivers are allowed within facilities and we request all drivers remain in their cabs as much as possible. Any questions can be directed to your traffic department contact or email@example.com.
Effective immediately, we are suspending receipt of any parts relating to warranty and subrogation claims to be evaluated and/or tested.
- During this time, if you have a claim and would still like to submit, please contact Viega LLC Customer Service at
- (800)976-9819 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will do our best to evaluate a claim from high-quality photographic evidence, but if a part needs to be physically evaluated or tested, the review of the product will be postponed until we are again accepting deliveries.
- Customer Service will contact you when parts are accepted again.
- Should you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Trent Berg at (620)755-8357 or email@example.com.
Temporary Return Notice:
Effective immediately, March 18, 2020, we ask our customer to refrain from returning items to comply with recent guidelines set by the WHO and CDC.
Requests for RMAs may be submitted and will be processed; however, they will be held internally and not distributed until the current WHO and CDC guidelines are updated. No credits will be issued. Any returns sent to Viega LLC facilities, without expressed written permission, will be refused at the shipper's cost. We apologize for the process change, but we are taking the necessary steps to adhere to the current health and safety guidelines.
Viega LLC is closely monitoring the evolving situation of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), following our established business continuity policies and procedures. As is done with other potential risks, we are performing a business continuity/risk analysis for coronavirus. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Review with suppliers of any possible impacts – none are anticipated at this time.
- Review of possible impacts to operations/manufacturing locations – none are anticipated at this time.
- Review of transportation impacts
As the situation continues to evolve, many uncertainties remain. Viega LLC will continue to pay close attention to the latest developments and the potential impact to our supply chain and overall operations. Any changes of significance will be communicated. We appreciate your understanding of this developing situation and our goal of putting safety and health first.
Due to the rapidly unfolding COVID-19 situation, Viega LLC has made the decision to close both the Colorado and New Hampshire Seminar Centers until further notice.
If you have a current reservation for training, arrangements have been cancelled. No action is needed on your part, our staff has taken care of all arrangements. As the situation evolves, we will be in communication about rescheduling.
General Company Info:
In a proactive effort to keep our colleagues and customers safe, Viega LLC is taking the following measures:
- All business-related air travel has been suspended. In the interim, video conferencing tools will be used.
- All business-related group events have been suspended. This includes all public business events including sporting events, trade shows, buying group meetings, trade association meetings, etc., as well as company-sponsored social events.
- Colleagues in the Broomfield, Colorado, office are working remotely if possible. All colleagues are encouraged to stay home if sick or if someone at home is exhibiting illness, and use their best judgment when visiting customers or attending external business meetings in the field – use telephone or conference tools instead.
- Visitors to the McPherson, Kansas, manufacturing facility are currently being limited to only those necessary for critical business functions.
- Field Sales staff are working from their home offices and conducting customer contacts and meetings through telephone calls and conferencing tools.